November 5, 2009
Our policy regulating this Site is simple:
The American Bible Society is committed to protecting your privacy. We allow you to provide as much personal information as you feel comfortable providing. We do not release personal information about you to any third party, except as expressly permitted by you or required by law or court order. We take all reasonable steps to protect your privacy, regardless of how much information you provide.
You control what personal information you provide to us online, and what we can do with such information. You may provide us information about yourself to help us make our Web sites more responsive to you.
We may ask you to supply personal information to us online, including your e-mail address, during a "registration" or an "enrollment" process. Some of this information is given voluntarily, and the word "optional" appears next to the relevant questions. On occasion, we collect additional personal information in optional survey forms, order forms, donation forms and contest registration forms. Demographic information voluntarily provided by you may be combined with site usage reports to create a profile of users and their preferences.
Collection of Personal Data
Personal data is information that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you, e.g. your name, e-mail address, postal address, or phone number ("Personal Data"). ABS requests Personal Data from you when you register or enroll for use of the Site. The registration or enrollment process requests that you provide your name and e-mail address, and agree to the terms and conditions and, should there be any, the Other Agreements, presented at the time of registration or enrollment. ABS requests additional Personal Data from you when you agree to make a donation or a purchase. Depending on the process, you may be requested that you provide your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit or bank card or other form of payment, and agree to the terms and conditions and, should there be any, the Other Agreements, presented at the time of donation or purchase. In addition to information collected during registration or enrollment, or when making a donation or a purchase, ABS may collect Personal Data knowingly provided by you in e-mails to the Site or, among other things, online forms, order and registration forms and surveys. Providing this information is always at your option.
You do not have to provide us with any Personal Data to visit the Site. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, you may not be able to visit all sections or use all features of the Site.
Collection of Monitoring Data and Use of Tracking Tools
In addition to Personal Data, ABS may collect and/or track information that by itself is not used to identify you personally or to contact you, e.g., demographic information, domain names, computer type, browser types, screen resolution, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of the Site ("Monitoring Data"). We use Monitoring Data to help us understand who uses the Site and to improve and market it and ABS’s other web sites.
ABS assigns a random number anonymously to each user for tracking content preferences and traffic patterns. This random number enables us to record how many times users access certain pages, without "naming" who those users are. This random number, called a "cookie," is kept in a file on your computer.
We also log Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses, or the location of your computer on the Internet, for systems administration. These IP addresses are not used to track your session nor are they linked to anything personally identifiable. Cookies and IP addresses ("Tracking Tools") by themselves cannot be used to determine the identity of any user.
Use of Data Collected
We ask for some optional information so we can maintain a further dialogue with you about our new products and services. When you revisit the Site, ABS may recognize you by a Tracking Tool and customize your experience accordingly. For example, once you have completed the registration or enrollment process, a cookie will be used to avoid having you register again. You may decline Internet cookies, if any, by using the appropriate feature of your Web browser software, if available. If cookies are disabled, however, all features of the Site may not operate as intended. Information about the procedure you are required to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s Web Site.
ABS may use Personal Data and Monitoring Data it collects for editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotion, statistical analysis of users’ behavior, product development, delivering products and services, providing customer support, customizing and improving the content and layout of the Site or other web sites of ABS, completing business transactions, administering individual accounts and meeting government regulatory requirements. Monitoring Data may be used for internal or external purposes such as researching and identifying market segments and needs. ABS may disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary (a) to comply with applicable laws, rules, or regulations, or to preserve ABS’s legal rights in the Site’s content, whether the same arises from contract or through force of law; (b) to provide you with any services, information, special offers, promotions or products you requested or consented to and to allow us to perform other activities related to such services and products; or (c) to operate this Site and other of ABS’ systems properly. ABS may also share your Personal Data with a Third-Party Provider, but only if you have first told us we may. You may also share your Personal Data directly with Third-Party Providers who you contact through the Site.
You should be aware that, once you give such permission for ABS to share, or once you have shared, your Personal Data with a Third-Party Provider, ABS is not responsible for any further use or disclosure of your Personal Data by Third-Party Providers; such use or disclosure is governed by the Third-Party Providers' privacy policies.
In each e-mail we may send you, you will have the option to unsubscribe and not receive future e-mail from us. We cannot make such assurances on behalf of any Third-Party Provider. Please review our Opt-Out Policy (below) for how to avoid receiving further e-mails.
If at any time you want to be removed from our database or to "opt-out" of receiving further communications ("Opt-Out Policy"), simply tell us what want to be opted out of when you contact us in any of the following ways:
- By e-mail at: email@example.com. Please mark the subject heading of your e-mail "Unsubscribe"
- By letter sent to us at:
American Bible Society
New York, NY 10023
Please note that ABS makes no representation regarding the length of time this process may take, only that we will perform the update as soon as reasonably practicable.
The American Bible Society is committed to making your visit with us an enriching, empowering and informative experience. We will honor our pledge to protect your privacy.
Your Choices Regarding Personal Data Collection and Use
You may "opt-in" to having ABS use your Personal Data to send promotional or other correspondence to you by checking the appropriate box when you register or enroll, or by contacting ABS via e-mail at the address above. You may modify, correct, change or update Personal Data that ABS has collected via the Site or request that your Personal Data be removed from ABS’ database by contacting ABS pursuant to the Opt-Out Policy indicated above. If you have made donations to or purchases from or otherwise registered with us in the past, you may also request that your Personal Data be removed from ABS’ database by contacting ABS via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. In any instance, our removal of such information may require you to register again with ABS in the event you later wish full access to the Site.
You should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove or verify each and every record of information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your Personal Data may exist in archived systems. However, after receiving your request, all Personal Data stored in databases we actively use and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed, deleted or confirmed to you, as appropriate, as soon as reasonably practicable.
The Site may contain links to other Internet Web Sites maintained by third parties ("Other Sites"), either as a hyperlink or through a direct data feed accessed by you. ABS does not endorse, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices or the content of these Web Sites. You should review the applicable privacy policies in connection with your use of such third party Web Sites.
BY ACCESSING OTHER SITES, YOU MAY SIGNIFY YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE SITES’ PRIVACY POLICIES, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY REVIEWED THEM AND WHETHER OR NOT THEY DIFFER FROM THOSE OF ABS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THOSE PRIVACY POLICIES, YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS THE LINK OR THE OTHER SITE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU SHOULD ANY OTHER SITE VIOLATE ANY UNDERSTANDING WITH YOU CONTAINED THEREIN OR IN THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE OTHER SITE WILL MEAN THAT YOU AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HOLD US HARMLESS IN THE EVENT SUCH OTHER SITE VIOLATES ANY UNDERSTANDING WITH YOU CONTAINED THEREIN OR IN THIS AGREEMENT.
ABS has established reasonable precautions to protect collected Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, which include contractual, administrative, physical, and technical steps. Technical measures include use of firewall protection and encryption technology where appropriate. Although ABS takes reasonable precautions to assess the reliability of such technology, it relies on the statements of the vendors of those products and services as part of its security evaluation. BY USING THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONSENT TO THE FACT THAT ABS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR FAILURES OF SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND THAT YOU SHALL HAVE RECOURSE SOLELY AGAINST THE MANUFACTURERS OR VENDORS THEREOF. Please note that while ABS has endeavored to create a secure and reliable site for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from ABS or the Site or via e-mail cannot be guaranteed.
Export of Personal Data
By using the Site, you acknowledge and consent to the fact that Personal Data provided by you or collected by us through your use of the Site is stored and processed by us in the United States where data protection laws may not afford the same level of protection as those of the country in which you are located (this is the case for users located in the European Economic Area ("EEA")). You also acknowledge and consent to the fact that we may, at our discretion, store and process such data in other countries (including countries outside the EEA) where data protection laws or law enforcement systems, policies or professionals may not afford the same level of protection as those of the country in which you are located.
Privacy Protections for Children Using the Internet
Protecting children's privacy is important to us. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information on our Site from those we actually know are under the age of 13, nor is any part of our Site targeted to attract anyone under 13. We request that all visitors to our Site who are under 13 not disclose or provide any personally identifiable information. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child's personally identifiable information from our records.
Contact Information for ABS
Questions or concerns regarding ABS’s data protection practices should be addressed to: email@example.com. If you choose to contact ABS via e-mail about this policy, please mark the subject heading of your e-mail "Privacy Inquiry."
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
These are the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") for use of this Site and its content.
If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should not use this Site.
ANY USER RESIDENT IN THE EUROPEAN UNION, BY USE OF THE SITE TO MAKE A DONATION, SUBMISSION OR SUBSCRIPTION TO, OR MAKE A PURCHASE FROM, ABS, UNAMBIGUOUSLY AND FREELY SIGNIFIES ACCEPTANCE OF ANY RESULTING TRANSFER OF THEIR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA. IF YOU ARE A USER RESIDENT IN THE EUROPEAN UNION AND YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OR CONSENT TO THE TRANSFER TO OR ANY OTHER USE BY US OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA, YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SITE.
Terms and Conditions
- Grant of License. We are providing you with a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license, revocable at our discretion, to use the Site. Except as expressly provided herein, we are not granting any express or implied right in the Site or any of its content. You may print and download from the Site solely for non-commercial use, provided you comply with the applicable copyright policy and any other applicable Terms and Conditions. If you download any content from this site, you may not remove any copyright or trademark notices or other notices that go with it.
- Prohibited Use. Except expressly permitted herein, you may not (a) modify, copy, distribute, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, create derivative works, or otherwise use or manipulate the Site or any of its content without our prior written consent; (b) use the Site or the information contained therein, including our trademarks, trade names, service marks, copyrights, or logos, to make or as part of unsolicited mailings or spam material; and (c) upload or send, using the Site, (i) any written or audio message or any still photo or video footage that:
- invades the privacy of another person or group (including the release of last names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal information),
- is mean-spirited, unlawful, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar, hateful, pornographic, violent, insulting, threatening, abusive, misleading, deceptive, or bigoted (racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable),
- advocates or encourages violence against another individual or group or for someone or some group to commit an illegal act or use an illegal substance, or
- contains salacious or inappropriately negative comments about the Bible, Jesus Christ, any other religious sect, text or organization, or contains false or unauthentic text;
- Your Responsibility. YOU AGREE TO USE THE SITE SOLELY FOR YOUR OWN NONCOMMERCIAL USE AND BENEFIT. You guarantee that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to attempting or actually (i) disrupting, impairing or interfering with the Site or any linked Web Site, (ii) collecting any information about other users of the Site or any linked Web Site, including registration information, passwords, accounts or other information, or (iii) systematically extracting data contained in the Site or any linked Web Site to populate databases for internal or external use of any fashion. You hereby agree to reimburse us for any expense we incur as a direct or indirect result of your violation of this guarantee. Understanding that the components, data, and features of the Site may be added to, modified, suspended, or discontinued by us without notice, you also agree to hold us harmless for any loss or inconvenience you may experience as a result of any addition, modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site, or any part thereof.
- Intellectual Property Rights; Right to Use; Modification of Site. (a) All material contained on the Site, unless otherwise indicated, is protected by law including, but not limited to, United States copyright and trademark law, as well as other laws and regulations. We refer you to Special Terms. (b) The Site, its content, layout and design are our exclusive property or the property of those from whom we have licensed it. In particular and without limitation, we own the copyright in the Site as a collective work and/or compilation. We also own the copyright on or hold a license for any databases accessible on the Site, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, aggregation and enhancement of the content of the Site. If you believe the Site is infringing copyrights or other intellectual property rights held by you or by someone on whose behalf you are authorized to act, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (c) Our logo, and all other names, logos, and icons identifying us and our products and services are our proprietary marks. Third party product and company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. YOU MAY NOT USE ANY SUCH TRADEMARKS, TRADE NAMES, SERVICE MARKS, OR LOGOS IN ANY MANNER WHICH CREATES THE IMPRESSION THAT SUCH ITEMS BELONG TO OR ARE ASSOCIATED WITH YOU OR, EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, ARE USED WITH OUR CONSENT, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN AND TO ANY OF SUCH ITEMS.
- Assumption of Risk. You use the Internet solely at your own risk. The confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from a web site over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. ABS AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY AS TO THE ACCURACY, RESULTS, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ANY ITEMS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WIDGETS AND GADGETS), OR ANY RELATED MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION. In addition, while we may provide links to other web sites for your convenience in locating related information and services, these sites are maintained by third parties over which we exercise no control. Accordingly, we expressly disclaim any responsibility for their content or the services provided from them. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU—AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ANY ITEMS, SERVICES OR MATERIALS DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WIDGETS AND GADGETS), OR ANY RELATED MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION—FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our licensors and suppliers, all of our affiliates, and all of our respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, legal representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' and professionals' fees and court costs) arising out of any third party claims based on or related to your use of the Site or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- Governing Law. These Terms and Conditions, including (without limitation) any disputes relating to the content the Site, whether sounding in contract, tort, statute or otherwise, are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of law principles and without regard to the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Dispute Resolution. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, including any disputes relating to the content of the Site, whether sounding in contract, tort, statute or otherwise, shall be first subject to mediation and, if mediation is unsuccessful, finally resolved by legally binding arbitration in accordance with the Rules of Procedure for Christian Conciliation of Peacemakers Ministries. The place of the arbitration shall be New York, NY. The decision of the arbitrators shall be binding upon the parties hereto, and the expense of the arbitration (including without limitation the award of attorneys' fees to the prevailing party) shall be paid as the arbitrators determine. The decision of the arbitrator may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in the State of New York for the purposes of any judicial proceedings to obtain interim relief and in aid of the arbitration or judicial proceedings to confirm or enforce the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may seek preliminary injunctive relief from a court of law in the event of a breach by you.
Kushtet e marrëveshjes - Mjeti NZP i BibleSearch-it API
Kjo Ndërfaqe e Zbatimit të programit ("NZP") është ndërtuar për të bërë të mundur që programi juaj të mund të marrë tekstet Biblike që janë të disponueshme përmes mjetit Bible Search të ABS-it ("Tekste"). ABS ju pajis me kënaqësi me këtë mjet NZP-je, me një kontratë njëvjeçare të rinovueshme, në këmbim të marrëveshjes që:
A. Do të:
- Pajtoheni me Kushtet e Marrëveshjes së Përdorimit të faqes së internetit të ABS-it, Bible Search.
- Të rrespektoni plotësisht të drejtat e autorit të të gjitha teksteve dhe të shfaqni gjithë informacionin përkatës të shënimeve dhe markave të regjistruara ashtu siç janë vendosur në Indeksi i Përkthimeve. Të dhënat mbi të drejtat e autorit janë të përfshira në çdo përgjigjie të NZP-së.
- Implementoni Sistemin e Menaxhimit të Përdorimit të Drejtë dhe të të Drejtve të Autorit ashtu si është dokumentuarkëtu përpara përdorimit të NZP-së. Qëllimi i Sistemit të Menaxhimit të Drejtë dhe të të Drejtave të Autorit shpjegohet tek paraqitja e NZP-së
- Fshini në mënyrë periodike të dhënat e ruajtura (të paktën çdo 14 ditë) për tu siguruar që ju po punoni me përkthimin më të ri të tekstit, dhe që në pjesën që ju merrni të jenë rregulluar të gjitha problemet teknike.
B. Nuk do të:
- Modifikoni tekstin.
- Vendosni një pagesë për të lexuar apo për të përdorur tekstin.
- Vendosni në dyshim reputacionin e asnjë teksti apo zotëruesi të të drejtave të autorit të tekstit.
- Përdorni asnjë tekst në asnjë material apo komunikim që (a) mbron apo nxit; (b) mund të perceptohet me arsye si i paligjshëm, shpifës, ofendues, i turpshëm, vulgar, pornografik, kërcenues, abuziv, çorientues, mashtrues, apo fanatik (rracor, etnik, apo për ndonjë arsye i kundërshtueshëm); (c) përmban tekst fals apo jo autentik; apo (d) përmban komente të papërshtatshme negative për Biblen apo Jezu Krishtin, apo çdo sekti tjetër fetar, teksti apo organizate.
- Kryeni më tepër se 5000 kërkime në ditë pa lejen e shkruar të marrë paraprakisht prej ABS-it, e cila mund të kërkohet duke kontaktuar email@example.com.
- Shisni, shpërndani, apo bëni publik çelësin tuaj të hyrjes në NZP.
Nëse pranoni të gjitha këto gjëra, ABS do t'ju sigurojë një çelës për të hyrë në NZP dhe për të përdorur tekstet për një vit. Ne do t'ju kontaktojmë përpara se çelçsi juaj të mbarojë afatin, kohë në të cilën ju do të keni mundësi ta ripërtërini atë. Megjithatë, ABS ka të drejtë t'ju mohojë hyrjen dhe të anulojë çelësin tuaj në çfarëdo kohe, me dëshirën e vet, edhe pse ne do të përpiqemi të japim arsye të vlefshme disa kohë përpara në rast se arsyeja nuk është thjeshtë mos plotësimi i kushteve të marrëveshjes. Ju mund ti jepni fund kësaj marrëveshje në çdo kohë duke kontaktuar nësupport@bibles.org. Nëse anulohet hyrja, të gjitha të dhënat e ruajtura nga teksti duhet të hiqen nga serverat apo shërbimet tuaja brenda 14 ditëve.
Bible Search-i i ABS-it dhe kjo NZP ju jepen falas. Ndërsa ne bëjmë të gjitha përpjekjet për të mbajtur dhe zmadhuar këtë shërbim të pajisur me standarte të larta të ekselencës, nuk mund të garantojmë që shërbimi i NZP-së do të jetë gjithmonë i disponueshëm, dhe as që shërbimi do të integrohet dhe nuk do të ndikojë negativisht sistemin e kompjuterit tuaj. Duke pranuar kushtet e marrëveshjes ju bini dakort të merrni përsipër të gjitha rreziqet që mund të vijnë nga përdorimi i NZP-së dhe mjetit të Bible Search-it, dhe të konsideroni ABS-in të parrezikuar nga çdo pretendim që në të kundërt mund të ngrihej ndaj ABS-it në lidhje me marrëveshjen dhe përdorimin tuaj të NZP-së dhe mjetit të Bible Search-it.